Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 41 (13th April) Bye China! Hi singapore!

Today’s the day that everyone is awaiting for. We are going back to Singapore today! Yes! Today! Our journey in wuhan ends today. Luckily I was awakened by some noise in the morning today, as I have forgotten to set the alarm clock yesterday. Did some last minute packing and carried my luggage downstairs to assemble. Some local students and teachers were there to send us off. Wudi and ziwei did not manage to come as they have lesson at 8am. Lucky they did not come or else I don’t think I can control my emotions. Everyone was so down and some of them cried while bidding farewell. Had a last look at the campus and the backstreet which sells our favorite food before we left. While passing by the familiar places on the bus, all the flashbacks from the past 6 weeks filled my mind.


We reached Guangzhou at about 4pm and the flight from Guangzhou to Singapore is 4.30pm! There’s no way we can get onto the plane by 4.30pm as we need to collect our luggage and we need to walk quite a distance before we reach the check in point for the flight to Singapore. Therefore, the flight was delayed to 5.45pm. This is the first time that a plane will wait for people! Aren’t we lucky?



Sunset. Beautiful isn't it?


Finally, we reached Singapore at 10 plus. No words can describe the feeling the moment I saw my family members through the glass!


WE'RE BACK!





Reflection:
Firstly, I must thanks all those who psycho-ed me to go for this trip. In the beginning, I was very reluctant to go and I was that time can pass faster. This feeling faded away as days pass by. I started to get use to the life in china and enjoyed myself very much. All the fun I had with my friends and shopping made me forget about going back. Even though the living condition isn’t as good as what we have in Singapore, I have managed to make do with it for the past 6 weeks and even developed feelings for it. However, I still miss my family besides all the fun I had. I’ll surely miss the food at the backstreet, all the cheap deals when shopping, excellent service at a very cheap price at the salon, the weather, and last but not least, the friends we made!



Over the past 41 days, I have stepped out of my comfort zone and have become more independent as well. Alone without any family members with me, I have to do everything by myself including laundry. This also made me realize the importance of having family members by my side and not taking everything for granted. Also, our friendship grew over the past friendship grew.



Overall, it was a fruitful trip and I have gained valuable knowledge from the textbook and the various experiences. If given a second chance, I will still go again without hesitation. The memories of the 41 days spent in Wuhan will be deeply etched in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment