Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 40 (12th April) 2nd last day!

Can’t imagine today’s our last day in Wuhan and we will be leaving tomorrow! Was rather down and having mixed feelings the past few days as the number of days left in wuhan is nearing. Time flies and it seems like everything that happened during the past 6 weeks just happened yesterday. I will definitely miss everything in Wuhan. I only managed to catch a few hours of sleep as I packed my luggage till about 4am in the morning! Met up with my group mates in the morning to do our IS video. We went back to the hostel at about 11am as we have to get everything packed in our luggage by 12.30pm to get ready for the weighing of luggage later on. The maximum weight for our luggage is 30kg and mine exceeded by 5kg. Ms Neo wanted to meet up the few of us as our luggage exceeded by 2 kg or more. She wanted us to think of ways to solve the weight problem as we will delay the whole group at the airport if our luggage is overweight. After the weighing of luggage, we went to 光谷to do our last shopping. We took a bread car there and it is totally a new experience. The drive took a very rocky and muddy route and we were afraid that anything will go wrong. Questions started to filled our minds as he drove into a route which is secluded and the surroundings is only trees. Had a sigh of relief only when we saw the main road.


After we have purchased all the things we wanted, we went back to Yes, I do. Teeli and me had our free hair treatment, while Amanda had a haircut, yanting had her treatment and Jean washed her hair.




The deserted route.



My hairdresser wasn't there, so another hairdresser helped to style my hair.


Teeli's hairdresser. Looks like a korean right?


We went back to the hostel to meet the local students for the last time. We gave them a photo with written messages at the back. I couldn’t control my emotions at that point of time. I’m so gonna miss them when I return to Singapore. Hopefully they will remember us too.


Reflection:
Today marks the end of our stay in Wuhan. I will definitely miss everything in wuhan especially our local friends, food, shopping. I will remember the friends I made here. Without them, the 6 weeks in wuhan wouldn’t be so colourful. I do hope we will stay in contact even though we are separated by distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment