Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 37 (9th April) Farewell dinner

Today, teeli and me went to Yes, I do to dye our hair while jean, Amanda, and yanting went to 销品茂do their nails and buy local products from Wal-mart. After we had our hair done, it was about 4pm. not wanting to be late for the farewell dinner with the local students, we decided to take a cab back. Usually, the journey will take about 30 minutes. Due to traffic jam, the journey took an hour plus and we’re late. We went to a hotel to have our dinner and it is only 10 minutes walk from the campus. This is the best dinner that I had since the day I came Wuhan! After dinner, Wudi and Ziwei came to our room to have chat.


Token of appreciation for the local lecturers

Reflection:
It is a pleasure to get to know the local students and I’m thankful for all the care and company they gave us through the 6 weeks. During the dinner, we followed the traditional Chinese culture. The elders, which are our teachers, were served the food first and we only started eating after they have started. I remember when we first reached China , I wish time can pass faster and that I can return to Singapore soon. Today, we are here having our last dinner with the local students and now, we’re only left with 4 in wuhan.

No comments:

Post a Comment