Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 26 (29 March) Korean BBQ/Movie

There’s no lesson today as we reached school at 9 plus from the Wu dang mountain trip. Therefore, Ms Neo cancelled the lesson to let us have a rest. I woke up at about 11am today. It has been a long time since I wake up at this timing. Went to 万达广场at 江汉路to watch Alice in wonderland with jean, Amanda, teeli, and yanting. We were anticipating it as this is the first time watching movie in china! We have waited very long to watch this movie as it was aired in Singapore on the 4th March, the day we came to china. But it was aired only on 26th March here in china. We managed to get the student price as Wu di helped us borrowed 5 student cards. So it costs us 40rmb(S$8) each for the movie, which is not cheap compared to the student price in Singapore which is only S$6.
Before the movie, we went to a Korean restaurant to eat Korean bbq. The food is not bad and most importantly, it was not very smoky. It is considered cheap as it costs us S$8 per person. Whereas in Singapore, it will be triple the price or even more.
Amanda & meTeeli just enjoys drinking wine!

There were only 2-3 waitress in the restaurant at first. I've no idea where the workers came from when it was dinner time!

Soon it was 5.20pm and we went in the cinema. The movie started promptly and there are no advertisements or trailers before the movie. While in Singapore, movie will usually start 10 minutes later from the actual time. The movie ended at about 7.30pm. The graphic is very clear and the seats are more comfortable than the ones in Singapore! There is even a head rest for each seat. It was worth while paying the amount for the movie.
After that, we went to the 步行街 again as there was not enough time the other day. Saw Sihao, Winnie, Fathullah and Wenjie there too. Something bad and scary thing happened while we were at步行街. We were actually looking at some accessories and suddenly, jean shouted and pulled my bag towards me. She saw a pickpocket trying to unzip my bag! I was so shocked when that happened and the pickpocket acted like nothing had happened and just walked away. It was really very scary as I had never seen or experienced before. It was such a close shave. Luckily I had my wallet on my hand and that jean had realized it before I lose any of my belongings. We have to be really careful as there are countless of pickpockets in china. After that happened, I hugged on to my bag very tightly. Soon it was time for us to go back and we packed our dinner from KFC and took a cab back to the hostel.

Reflection:
There are really a lot of pickpockets in china and they are very daring. They dare to take action even when there are a lot of people around. The passerby did not give big reactions when they saw this happening. Perhaps they are too used to seeing pickpockets here. I was so shock as this is the first time I see pickpocket and furthermore, it happened on myself. This doesn’t usually happen in Singapore as the law is very strict. We must really take good care of our belongings. If I had not experienced it personally, I would not know how scary it is and how precious our things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment