Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 21 (24th Mar 2010)

Did two practicals today morning so that we can start with the revision for practical test next week. Ms Neo cancelled afternoon lesson so we can have more time to revise for the written test tomorrow. Went to have lunch before heading back to the hostel to study for the test. As my table is filled with things, I have to use my bed to study. Studying on the bed is not very conducive. The bed is soft and I could not write properly and I kept wanting to fall asleep.
After that, we went to the western restaurant that Ms Neo recommended to have dinner. The place is quite small as there are only 4 tables in the first floor and it was quite cold as we sat close to the door. We ordered chicken and pork chop and fries. The fries is not very cheap as it costs about S$2 for a portion which we can get the same amount for just S$1 in Singapore. After finishing almost half of the food, yan ting found out that the pork chop that they served is not completely cooked. I quickly checked mine and found that it is not completely cooked either. Luckily, I had only eaten one mouth of it. We approached the waitress and she helped us to heat up our food. Went back to the hostel after dinner and did my last revision for the written test tomorrow.

Reflection:
In my learning plan, I wrote that I have to adapt to studying in a different environment. Indeed, it is totally different and difficult having to study in a different environment. I have to force myself to stay focus and not get distracted. Also, I’m used to studying alone and this time round, I can’t as the room is shared among 3 person. Although there isn’t a proper environment for me to study in, I have managed to get myself to stay focus and not get distracted by other things.

Back in Singapore, if the food we ordered is not completely cooked or there is something wrong with it, we will be given a new serving. For the restaurant here, they will not give us a new serving. Instead, they will help you heat up the uncooked part of the food. This shows the difference of the standard of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment